Faculty/Staff
University of Missouri Homepage
Print    Email
Decrease (-) Restore Default Increase (+) font size
Carbon Monoxide Poisoning


Carbon monoxide gas has no color, odor or taste. It results from incomplete burning of organic substances, such as gasoline, coal products, tobacco and building materials.

Have your propane system checked by a professional if you have any of the following symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning: headaches, dizziness, loss of muscle control, vomiting, or watering of the eyes. If you have any of these symptoms, Immediately exit the area and seek medical attention.

Always make sure there is plenty of ventilation when cooking anything indoors.

To prevent carbon monoxide poisoning:

  • Never use range burners as space heaters.
  • Never use propane heaters intended for outdoor use indoors.
  • Never use a barbecue grill indoors.
Have a qualified technician test all propane appliances regularly.


Human Resources Giving Disclaimer Notice of Privacy Practices Web Communications Social Media Site Index
Mizzou University of Missouri University of Missouri System