Resident Activities and Benefits
Resident Major Project
Residents are responsible for designing, developing, and completing a year-long research project. Residents should aim for their research projects to contribute to the profession of pharmacy, benefit University of Missouri Health Care's pharmacy department, and be suitable for publication. A preceptor co-investigator will provide guidance and feedback to each resident. Additionally, the major project will be presented as a PowerPoint presentation at the Midwest Pharmacy Residents Conference
Residents will help staff the central pharmacy every third weekend and one four-hour shift each week.
Residents will also work 3 holiday shifts during the course of the year. These holidays include Martin Luther King Jr. Day, Memorial Day, Thanksgiving, day after Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year's Day. Residents will not be required to work on Independence Day or Labor Day.
Travel and Meetings
Residents' travel and meeting registrations will be paid by University of Missouri Health Care. Residents will travel to the following meetings:
- ASHP Mid-Year Clinical Meeting
- MSHP Spring Meeting
- Midwest Pharmacy Residents Conference
Residents will deliver seminar presentations, formal case presentations, journal clubs, and staff education presentations during their residency year. The residency program places a high value on the residents' ability to present evidence-based medicine.
- UMKC resident teaching certificate program
- Clinical pearls meetings
- Multi-disciplinary committee meetings
- Completion of BLS and ACLS classes
Each resident receives a comprehensive benefit package that includes:
- Medical insurance (health, dental, and vision) options available
- Life, long-term disability, accidental death, and long-term care insurance available
- University employee discounts
- 21 total days of paid time off
- Travel, room and board expenses to required out-of-town meetings
For more information about resident activities or benefits, contact the residency director or current residents.
Laura Butkievich, PharmD, BCPS
Cassandra Peters, PharmD
Tyler Kenney, PharmD