What is The DAISY Award?
The DAISY Award is a nationwide program that rewards and celebrates the extraordinary clinical skill and compassionate care given by nurses every day. University of Missouri Health Care is proud to be a DAISY Award Hospital Partner, recognizing one of our nurses with this special honor every month.
Each DAISY Award Honoree will be recognized at a public ceremony in her/his unit and will receive:
- a beautiful certificate,
- a DAISY Award pin, and
- a hand-carved stone sculpture entitled A Healer's Touch.
Additionally, everyone in the unit will celebrate with cinnamon rolls - a favorite of Patrick's during his illness.
About The DAISY Foundation
The DAISY Foundation was established in 2000 by the family of J. Patrick Barnes who died of complications of the auto-immune disease Idiopathic Thrombocytopenia Purpura (ITP) at the age of 33. (DAISY is an acronym for diseases attacking the immune system.) During Pat's 8 week hospitalization, his family was awestruck by the care and compassion his nurses provided not only to Pat but to everyone in his family. So one of the goals they set in creating a Foundation in Pat's memory was to recognize extraordinary nurses everywhere who make an enormous difference in the lives of so many people by the super-human work they do everyday.
The DAISY Award criteria at MU Health Care
DAISY Nurses here at MU Health Care know that caring makes a big difference in their patient's experience and outcome. We want to recognize nurses that go above and beyond the expected to:
- Be a role model for patient centered care by involving the patient and family as part of the healthcare team
- Communicate with compassion, using words the patient and family understand
- Collaborate with health care team members and advocate for patient wishes
- Create a positive, supportive, safe and healing environment for our patients
- Give high quality care to patients and their families
- Be viewed as an excellent role model
- Show commitment to the growth of our nursing profession
DAISY recognizes nurses that add a special touch to make a difference in the life of a patient.
How to Nominate An Extraordinary Nurse
Patients, visitors, nurses, physicians and employees may nominate a deserving nurse by filling out this online form or you may download and print a form.
,Jewellery UK Online
,Digital Camera Reviews
,Digital Camera Buying Guide
,Cheap WoW Gold
,Buy WoW Gold
,Diablo 3 Gold
,Diablo 3 Power Leveling
,Guild Wars 2 Gold
,Guild Wars 2 Power Leveling
,WoW Gold Kaufen