Nursing Clinical Ladder
The Registered Nurse Clinical Ladder at University of Missouri Health Care System creates a pathway for each nurse to achieve the highest level of clinical expertise. Those nurses who choose to advance on the ladder are recognized for their efforts to further their education, achieve and maintain national certification, contribute to improving safety and organizational performance, investigate new nursing evidence and demonstrate leadership within the organization and community.
The Nursing Clinical Ladder will support the following objectives:
- To provide an environment that positively impacts patient outcomes and promotes a high standard of patient care resulting from higher levels of education, certification and continuing education.
- To enhance the image of Nursing as a profession through recognition of advanced education, certification, demonstrated leadership and continuing experience.
- To establish a system that formally recognizes the increasing levels of clinical competence and knowledge through self-recognition, peer recognition and monetary rewards.
- To provide a broadened scope of responsibility and influence as professionals.
- To encourage recruitment and retention of experienced nurses at University of Missouri Health Care.