Welcome to Joint Camp at the Missouri Orthopaedic Institute
This program is designed to educate and engage you and your loved ones so that surgery, recovery and rehabilitation are easier to understand, and to work together toward a successful outcome from your operation. Our team and staff will help you recover and get back on your feet.
As a Joint Camp participant, you will:
- Learn about joint anatomy, exercises, medications, and pain control. If you are interested, we have classes describing physical therapy, occupational therapy, assistive devices like crutches and walkers, and other matters relating to your surgery.
- Meet other patients undergoing similar surgery
- Tour our state-of-the-art Missouri Orthopaedic Institute
- Meet nurses and other professionals who specialize in hip and knee surgery
- Participate in group activities with similar patients
- Educate your loved ones to be part of your recovery team
Joint Camp Leader
Leading the Joint Camp classes is Matt Rowlett, ATC, M.S.
You will also hear from an inpatient registered nurse, physical and occupational therapists and a social worker.
Joint Camp Schedule
Starting Wednesday, November 7, Joint Camp is offered every Wednesday afternoon from 1:30-3 p.m. and every Thursday morning from 10-11:30 a.m.
If you are not able to attend your Joint Camp class, you can download the Joint Camp Patient Handbook.
For more information about Joint Camp, please call (573) 882-BONE.