New Years Resolutions
Every New Years there are countless goals set for the year to come. Here are some simple, helpful goals to work toward this year.
For children whom are in pre-school, here are some reasonable and realistic goals:
- I will clean up my room and clean up after myself when done playing.
- I'll keep clean by brushing my teeth twice a day, and washing my hands after using the restroom or eating.
- I will treat animals with respect. I will not tease dogs, cats, or any other animal.
Kids a little older, about age 5 to age 12:
- I will drink healthy fluids for my body. I will drink milk and water as much as possible and limit soda and sugary drinks.
- I will find an activity I enjoy, such as basketball or dancing, and do this activity at least three times a week or more.
- When I go outside I will wear sunscreen, dress coolly, stay in the shade as much as possible, and take frequent breaks for water, food, and rest.
- I will always buckle my seat belt in the car and wear a helmet when riding my bike.
- I will be nice to other kids. I will not be a follower. I will lead by example by treating other children with respect and manners.