MUHS forYOU Team is a peer to peer support team specifically designed to address the unique needs of health care second victims. The forYOU Team serves as a rapid response team for MUHS valued providers and staff.
The forYOU Team assists University of Missouri Health Systems (MUHS) providers experiencing normal reactions to unanticipated patient events/outcomes.
forYOU Team Purpose
- Increase institutional awareness of second victim phenomenon.
- Provide consistent and targeted system-wide support for second victims.
- Support individuals/team members following unanticipated adverse clinical events.
- Provide additional resources for leadership and management teams to help support providers experiencing a second victim response to a clinical event.
forYOU Team Objectives
- Minimize the human toll and suffering after unanticipated adverse clinical events occur by assessing second victims for signs of emotional trauma.
- Provide a 'safe zone' for providers to receive support from those peers who have been formally trained to mitigate the impact of an adverse clinical event.
- Deploy an internal rapid response team of 'emotional first aid' for providers following an adverse clinical event.
- Continually monitor forYOU team encounters/deployments to assure maximum program effectiveness and functioning.
forYOU Team Goal
Assist healthcare providers understand what is known about the second victim phenomenon and help second victims return to pre-event levels of clinical performance following an adverse or unanticipated patient outcome.
Read Tony's story...
Meet the forYOU Team
|2010 forYOU Graduates
|2009 forYOU Graduates
Join the forYOU Team
Apply today to join the forYOU Team