MU Children's Hospital is the mid-Missouri's only facility dedicated to providing hospitalized children with state-of-the-art care and a compassionate touch. We know kids; we know they aren't just small adults. Children's needs during and after a hospital stay are far different than that of adults. That's why we have our own pediatric hospitalists team whose members are exceptionally qualified to give leading edge, comprehensive care to children.
Our pediatric hospitalists are physician specialists whose practice is organized around giving children the best possible continuum of care before, during and after a hospital stay. They care for our hospitalized children by serving as the physician coordinator of their overall care. Our young patients receive care from a dedicated team of pediatricians, nurses, social workers and child life therapists from all disciplines. We even provide pediatric therapists and pharmacists. That's why having a physician who is the center point for each child's care is so important. Our hospitalists communicate closely with family, referring pediatricians and other physicians as well as administer needed medical treatments.
Having Dedicated Hospitalists Means
- Our hospital-based physicians are available to patients and their families, day or night, 7 days a week.
- We offer consistent care, eliminating the need for a different on-call pediatrician each day.
- Our doctors are familiar with Children's Hospital and our wide range of pediatric sub-specialists, which ensures timely consultations, follow-ups, tests and treatments.
- We provide daily communication and information with the entire health care team involved in your child's care.
Illnesses We Treat
- Infectious illnesses of the blood, skin, lungs and kidneys
- Respiratory illnesses such as pneumonia and croup
- Chronic illnesses such as diabetes and asthma
- Pediatric illnesses such as influenza, RSV and dehydration
- Recovery from injury or surgery and dehydration
Who We Are
Catalina Kersten, MD, division director
Carla Dyer, MD
Brooke Geyer, DO
Kris Koehn, MD
Robert Lancey, MD
Rashmi Srivastava, MD
Where We Are
404 Keene St.
Columbia, Mo. 65202
For more information, please call (573) 219-4251