Media and Publications
University of Missouri Children's Hospital media relations team is available to assist members of the news media. We're glad to facilitate:
- Interviews with MU Children's Hospital sources on health care related topics
- Information about news releases or events at our hospital or clinics
- Requests to videotape or shoot still photos in our hospital or clinics or on health system property
- Obtaining patient condition reports
The media relations coordinator is available weekdays from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. If you have an urgent question after hours or on a weekend, please page the on-call media relations representative at (573) 876-0708.
Media Relations Coordinator
Pager: (573) 876-0708
For advertising and sponsorship information, please contact the marketing coordinator.
Visit the Related Links menu to the left to view our magazine Imagine and to learn about our latest advertising and media campaigns.
Confidentiality of Health Information
MU Health Care is required to protect the privacy and confidentiality of our patients. The media relations team provides patient condition reports within the limitations imposed by the federal Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA). A patient name is required before the media relations team can release one of the following condition reports as defined by the American Hospital Association.
- Good - Vital signs are stable and within normal limits. Patient is conscious and comfortable. Indicators are excellent.
- Fair - Vital signs are stable and within normal limits. Patient is conscious but may be uncomfortable. Indicators are favorable.
- Serious - Vital signs may be unstable and not within normal limits. Patient is acutely ill. Indicators are questionable.
- Critical - Vital signs are unstable and not within normal limits. Patient may be unconscious. Indicators are unfavorable.
- Treated and Released - received treatment but not admitted
- Expired - MU Health Care's policy is to notify next of kin before releasing this patient condition