University Hospital - Spicy Hoisin Chicken Noodles
Makes four servings
- 1 tablespoon dark sesame oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon grated peeled fresh ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups chopped roasted skinless, boneless chicken breasts, roast 14 min at 400 degrees. For variety, try cooked shrimp or leftover steak
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup sliced green onion cut on bias
- 3 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 2 teaspoons sambal oelek (ground fresh chile paste) or chili garlic paste
- 6 oz dry whole wheat spaghetti perhaps substitute nappa cabbage to lower carbohydrate count( just let sit in dressing for five minutes to soften)
- 2 tablespoons chopped dry-roasted peanuts
1. Heat 2 teaspoons sesame oil in a small skillet over medium heat. Add ginger and garlic to pan; cook 20 seconds, stirring constantly be sure not to burn add chicken and stir to coat. Place in a large bowl. Stir in remaining 1 teaspoon sesame oil, and next 6 ingredients (through sambal) mix well.
2. Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Drain and rinse under cold water; drain. Add noodles to bowl; toss well to coat. Sprinkle with peanuts. May be served hot or cold.