Primary Investigator: Kul Aggarwal, MD
Study Coordinator: Kathy Belew, CNS-BC
Status: Active - open to enrollment
Study Title: Can rapid risk stratification of unstable angina patients suppress adverse outcomes with early implementation of the ACC/AHA guidelines? The CRUSADE National Quality Improvement Initiative.
Purpose: This is a database study of patients admitted to the hospital with non ST elevation myocardial infarctions or unstable angina.
All data collected for CRUSADE must have been collected from the medical records of a patient that exhibited the following criteria:
1. Ischemic symptoms at least, lasting >/= 10 minutes, within 24 hours of hospital presentation:
2. At least one of the following within 24 hours of the most recent ischemic symptoms:
i. Ischemic ECG changes:
- ST-segment depression (>/= 0.5 mm) or
- Transient (< 10 minutes) ST-segment elevation (< 1 mm)
ii: Elevated cardiac markers
- Troponin I or T > upper limit of normal (ULN) or
- Creatine kinase-MB (CK-MB) > ULN or
- Positive bedside troponin assay
3. Had arrived at the hospital participating in CRUSADE within 24 hours of the onset of the most recent ischemic symptoms (if transferred from an outlying hospital).
1. Let study coordinator know about patient so that data can be collected.
2. No consent is required.