101 S. Fairview Road
Columbia, MO 65203
Map & Directions:
View on Google Maps
Hours: Monday - Friday
8:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Phone: (573) 882-4590
Fax: (573) 884-8142
Travel Connections, located inside the Fairview General Internal Medicine Clinic, is an international traveler's health service at University of Missouri Health Care that medically prepares adults and children for travel abroad.
Complex itineraries along with changing patterns of disease and international health requirements can often create difficulty for the traveler to receive adequate pre-travel counseling and immunization. This can result in the traveler unnecessarily being exposed to unfamiliar or "exotic" diseases that are usually preventable. Travel Connections is a comprehensive resource for medical services and information to help ensure a safe and illness-free trip. No referral is necessary.
- Immunizations for adults and children
- Prescriptions for malaria prevention and treatment of traveler's diarrhea
- Proper health paper work for entry into other countries
- Information on environmental conditions including water, food, insect-borne diseases and weather
- Listing of important phone numbers and locations of U.S. Embassies
- How to manage chronic illnesses such as diabetes while traveling
- How to address the special needs of children
Click here for Patient Questionnaire
Medical fees for travel are not typically covered by health insurance. Payment - cash, check or credit card - is due at the time of service.
For more information or to schedule an appointment, please call (573) 882-4590. For general travel health information visit www.tripprep.com or cdc.gov/travel.