Missouri Occupational Injury Center
For all your worker's compensation needs
(573) 884-MOIC (6642)
Fax: (573) 884-3790
"Our Staff Getting Your Staff Back To Work"
Kevin Komes, MD
1100 Virginia Avenue
Columbia, MO 65212
Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
The Missouri Occupational Injury Center offers comprehensive workers' compensation care for musculoskeletal and non surgical orthopedic injuries. Its physicians and staff can see patients the day of their injury.
The team maintains open communication with patients, insurance adjusters, case managers and employers to help patients recover and return to work quickly.
- Post Urgent Care and Emergency Room follow-up care
- Full time Patient Care Coordinator
- Return To Work status faxed daily
- Physician notes available within 48 hours
- Appointments within 24 hours for all new patients
- Independent Medical Examinations
- Fast track referrals within University of Missouri Hospitals and Clinics
- On site EMG performed by physicians with reports available immediately
- Pre-Employment Physicals
- Interdisciplinary Injury Management with Physical Therapy and Orthotics
Tips to remember at your desk
Try these tips to prevent repetitive motion injuries while working on your computer:
- Position your monitor at eye level and at a proper length away from you (18-30 inches).
- Avoid glare from overhead lights and windows.
- Position your keyboard directly in front of you and at a height that allows your wrists to be straight.
- Press keys gently.
- Keep your shoulders, arms, hands and fingers relaxed with good arm supports.
Ergonomics Makes Your Office Work for You