Patient Condition Report
Confidentiality of Health Information
MU Health Care is required to protect the privacy and confidentiality of our patients. The media relations team provides patient condition reports within the limitations imposed by the federal Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA). A patient name is required before the media relations team can release one of the following condition reports as defined by the American Hospital Association.
- Good - Vital signs are stable and within normal limits. Patient is conscious and comfortable. Indicators are excellent.
- Fair - Vital signs are stable and within normal limits. Patient is conscious but may be uncomfortable. Indicators are favorable.
- Serious - Vital signs may be unstable and not within normal limits. Patient is acutely ill. Indicators are questionable.
- Critical - Vital signs are unstable and not within normal limits. Patient may be unconscious. Indicators are unfavorable.
- Treated and Released - received treatment but not admitted
- Expired - MU Health Care's policy is to notify next of kin before releasing this patient condition
To obtain a patient condition report, please contact MU Health Care's media relations team.
Media Relations Coordinator
Pager: (573) 441-7895