Safety and Prevention at Home
- Equip your home with a least one smoke detector on each floor.
- Keep at least one dry-powder operative ABC-type fire extinguisher in the home at all times.
- Keep areas around heat sources free of papers and trash.
- Store paints, solvents and flammable liquids away from all heat and ignition sources.
- Develop a fire escape plan before a fire occurs. Be certain that all members of the household understand the plan and are able to carry out the plan in case of emergency. Be sure the plan includes a predetermined meeting place outside the house.
- If your clothing catches fire, don't run! Drop down immediately and roll to smother the flames. Teach your family how to do this.
- Follow safety guidelines when using gas grills, space heaters, kerosene heaters and gas-fired water heaters.
- Have chimneys and clothes dryers cleaned and inspected regularly to prevent fires.
- Have old uncoated brass gas connectors replaced to avoid explosions.
- Be sure heat tape is new, properly installed and maintained.
- Be careful with household batteries, which can rupture and cause chemical burns or fires.
- Be alert to the dangers of electric toys.
- Keep lighters, curling irons and hair dryers away from young children. Avoid older hair dryers that do not protect against electrocution.
- Maintain and safely use household extension cords.
- Use ground-fault circuit interruptors (GFCIs), especially with power tools, to prevent electric shock.
- Use arc fault circuit interrupters (AFCIs) to prevent electrical fires.
- Select flame-resistant sleepwear for children.
- Use night lights safely to avoid fires.
- Don't smoke in bed.
,Jewellery UK Online
,Digital Camera Reviews
,Digital Camera Buying Guide
,Cheap WoW Gold
,Buy WoW Gold
,Diablo 3 Gold
,Diablo 3 Power Leveling
,Guild Wars 2 Gold
,Guild Wars 2 Power Leveling
,WoW Gold Kaufen