Motorcycles and All-terrain Vehicles
Even though warm weather might seem to call for less clothing, riding a motorcycle or all-terrain vehicle requires more clothing for safety. Burns from muffler contact are common, as is road rash. In another common accident, the vehicle turns over, trapping its rider and often spilling gasoline, which can cause a chemical burn or can ignite.
Follow these safety guidelines:
Do not drink alcohol and attempt to drive.
- Have all vehicles serviced prior to any outings.
- To protect from road rash, wear proper clothing and attire in addition to safety helmets.
- Follow all safety rules for riding.
- If riding off the road, make sure your family and/or friends know when to expect you back and where you are riding.
- Children should be kept away from hot surfaces such as mufflers.
- Do not smoke while refueling the vehicle.