In our neurophysiology laboratory we perform the following procedures:
- Nerve conduction studies (NCS)
- Repetitive nerve stimulation
- Autonomic testing: R-R interval variation, sympathetic skin response
Electrodiagnostic studies can help establish diagnoses, identify other problems, and define the severity nerve and muscle problems.
Electromyography (EMG) and nerve conduction studies (NCS) are designed to record the electrical signals from nerves and muscles or that are produced in muscles per se. An injury or disease process will cause abnormality in this signal process causing problems such as carpal tunnel syndrome, sciatica or nerve entrapment.
People with weakness, muscle wasting, fatigue, cramps, abnormal muscle movements or twitching, stiffness, pain, numbness and tingling may benefit from having EMG or NCS tests done.
Indications for electrodiagnostic testing include:
- Pain, numbness or weakness of upper or lower extremities
- Entrapment neuropathies including:
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Cubital tunnel syndrome
- Radial nerve palsy
- Peroneal nerve palsy
- Tarsal tunnel syndrome
- Cervical or lumbar radiculopathies or "pinched nerves"
- Brachial and lumbosacral plexopathies
- Peripheral nerve injuries
- Peripheral neuropathy
- Neuromuscular junction disorders such as myasthenia gravis
- Myopathy or muscle problems
- Motor neuron diseases such as ALS
- Autonomic neuropathy or problems such as syncope or fainting
To make an appointment with our neurophysiology laboratory, call (573) 882-1515.
Additionally in the clinic we also perform skin biopsy for evaluation and diagnosis of small-fiber neuropathy and pain syndromes.
,Jewellery UK Online
,Digital Camera Reviews
,Digital Camera Buying Guide
,Cheap WoW Gold
,Buy WoW Gold
,Diablo 3 Gold
,Diablo 3 Power Leveling
,Guild Wars 2 Gold
,Guild Wars 2 Power Leveling
,WoW Gold Kaufen